Website Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Electric Velocipede » Website « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 06:51 am:   

Well folks, not only have I updated the website (there are fixes that I need to put in place, such as a shopping cart feature, broken links that need repairing, historical pages for the first three issues) but I've done something else extremely cool:

http://www.evzine.com

http://www.electricvelocipede.com

Finally moving into the 21st century. Registered the names and have them forwarded to my existing site for less than $20. This should make it much easier to tell people about the zine!

John Klima
Editor
Electric Velocipede

Liz Williams
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:03 am:   

Looking good, John, and nice to see some familiar names (messrs Chapman and Caselberg, among others).

And lo, I have subbed (subscribed, that is, not submitted, though I'm planning to do that, too).

Chuck Hogle
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2003 - 07:35 pm:   

The new website looks great, though I miss the pictures of the electric velocipede. I guess you can't have everything.

I can't wait to see issue 4, and I'm planning to subscribe. I'm glad you've decided to extend your special back-issues offer.

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 - 05:55 am:   

Thanks Chuck. I think you'll enjoy the issue when it arrives. There are updates to the website every day while I tweak and nudge things into place. I tried to upload the cover for #4 but must have botched it since it won't show up. I'll have to fix that tonight.

I also need to get my historical info up, but that's actually going well.

If anyone notices anything cludgey about the website, please let me know. Also, please let me know if there is anything you'd like to see on the FAQ or if you feel there's something missing from the FAQ.

Thanks!

John Klima
Editor
Electric Velocipede

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 12:09 pm:   

Historical information is now up, but I think I need to stop it from forcing a new page...which means small annoying changes to all my web pages. Anyway, I've kept all the poems I had posted online before, online still in the historical sites. Let me know if you want your poem taken down. Also, let me know if you don't mind an excerpt of your story remaining online.

Thanks!

John Klima

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 01:09 pm:   

I've updated the welcome page, the ad rates page, and the submission guidelines page. I don't like my guidelines page. I don't feel they are very clear for what I am looking for. Any suggestions? I'm really struggling with the reading period/submission deadline thing. Should I stop beating myself over the head about it?

JK

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 07:24 am:   

If you look at historical issue information, don't be alarmed, I've made some changes in preparation of getting the new data up when issue #5 is finished.

JK

John Klima
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 10:06 am:   

The website will be receiving a major overhaul today or tomorrow (content, not looks) but I thought I would take this opportunity to note that all of my products on CafePress now have the http://www.electricvelocipede.com URL on them. Go! Buy! Wear them everywhere!

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=evzine01,evzine02,evzine03

JK

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 06:49 am:   

Some new changes were posted today. On the Vibe page, I have links to some new reviews. Additionally, the page itself is a little better organized. On the Links page, I've done some reorganization, and added a few new links, like Claude Lalumiere's LOST PAGES.

JK

John Klima
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 10:49 am:   

Updated the website today. It's been more than two months, and that's too long. Discovered some additional ad space as I laid out issue #6, so head on over to reserve it before it's gone:

RESERVE AD SPACE

Other than that, I'm spending some time away this weekend to enjoy the company of my wife and forget about everything else.

See you all on Tuesday!!!

JK

John Klima
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 08:49 am:   

Updated the website today:

Changed the front page, updated some links.

Speaking of links, can people check them and make sure that they're up to date and working?

http://www.electricvelocipede.com/links2.html

Thanks!

JK

chuck h
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:28 am:   

The site looks great, but what's with the Andrew Lloyd Webber theme?

John Klima
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:50 am:   

Well, it's a Jesus Christ Superstar theme, which I guess implies Andrew Lloyd Webber...who knows what I'm thinking these days. Maybe it's just because it's Easter? :-)

JK

John Klima
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 06:33 am:   

Updated the website last night. Mostly it's a new front page with updated info, but I've added a few things to other pages based on recent e-mails I've gotten from people. See, people write me and say "I couldn't find 'X' on your website" and then I add it if I feel it adds value to the site.

First, I've added a link for people to send an e-mail if they want to change their address. Similarly, on the print-out form page, I've added a check box if the order reflects an order change.

Lastly, I've put on the guidelines page what rights I acquire from people when I accept a story from them. I can't believe I haven't had this on here before. This came up because a UK author wanted to send his story to some British markets, but wasn't sure if I was acquiring only North American Rights. So, short answer, I do acquire North American Rights, and the rights revert back to the author upon publication. Hey, I'm willing to accomodate my authors in most cases, so just write me and we can talk about any dilemmas that come up.

That's all for now. I promise to get some more interesting things on here soon.

JK

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register