Submissions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Electric Velocipede » Submissions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 01:01 pm:   

Finally got around to sending our rejections. Sigh. I hate that part of the job. Had a few really tough decisions to make and turn down some people and stories that were so close. As well as some that I'd read and re-read so many times to make sure that what I was thinking was, well, what I was thinking.

And for the first time ever, mostly due to volume, I used the "it's not what we're looking for at this time" phrase. I've been trying to avoid that, but there was so much stuff that I'd been holding that I needed to get it done quickly.

And if I didn't write to you, check to see if I've sent you a note of the "re-read" variety. If you've seen that, I still have those. And I added a few more to that stack. That's this week's task.

I also figured out that what I've accepted for my still-being-planned issue #10 is already almost the word count I have for in-the-can issue #9. Hmmm, that's what I get for accepting so many novelettes.

JK

John Klima
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 11:27 am:   

And of course, I haven't read anything since I posted this message. I should have just kept quiet and kept going. <sigh> Oh well, got to get #9 in the can, and then get this class finished off (both by next week) and then I can move on to reading subs/re-reads/etc. with more attention again.

JK

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 08:35 pm:   

Yeah, eventually you've got to get to that "it's not what we're looking for" phrase. Or you'll go crazy.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register