Locus 2004 Recommended Reading List Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Electric Velocipede » Locus 2004 Recommended Reading List « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 06:21 am:   

Well, there is exactly one story from Electric Velocipede that made this year's Locus Reading List. The story? Alan DeNiro's "A Keeper" from issue #6 (Spring 2004)

I also want to mention that two other projects I edited, Zoran Zivkovic's novel The Fourth Circle and Liz Williams' story collection The Banquet of the Lords of Night and Other Stories also made the list. (and both are available from Night Shade Books, our esteemed hosts)

I have to say I'm honored to have worked on such good material.

JK

John Klima
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 09:30 am:   

Also, when the recommended list goes up, that means that the Locus Reader's Poll is also up. Don't forget to vote for Alan's story (and write in any others you liked!) as well as Liz's story collection and Zoran's novel. And, currently EV and myself are not available under fanzine and editor respectively, so I would request that if you are inclined, please write the zine and/or me in if you've liked our work this last year.

Thanks!

JK

John Klima
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 09:31 am:   

And here's the link for the poll:

https://secure.locusmag.com/2005/Issues/02PollAndSurvey.html

You don't have to be a subscriber to vote.

JK

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 09:29 am:   

Hmm, that link doesn't quite seem to work. Oh well, if you're able to link to this site, you'll be able to get to the Locus Poll. I just want to add one last recommendation for Nick Mamatas' novel MOVE UNDER GROUND for Best First Novel. Good stuff!

JK

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 01:35 pm:   

Yay! I'm in the drop-down menus! Thank you Mark Kelly!

So, Electric Velocipede is in the Best Magazine/Fanzine category, and I'm in Editor (for work on EV, Liz Williams short-story collection, and Zoran's FOURTH CIRCLE).

Let's go vote!

JK

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 07:29 pm:   

Alan DeNiro's story "A Keeper" is now posted in its entirety online at:

http://members.aol.com/spiltmilkpress/akeeper.html

Enjoy!

JK

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register