Amazing Stories Looking for Editor-in... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Electric Velocipede » Amazing Stories Looking for Editor-in-Chief « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 09:38 am:   

Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.paizo.com/paizo/about/jobs

Can't say it's not intriguing.

JK

Luke
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 10:07 am:   

John,

Since this is the newest thread and since the EV website seems to still point to an AOL email address for you, I though this would not be the worst way to contact you. I just recieved issue six in the mail and was wondering if you still have anything like the deal you were offereing last year for a subscription and back issues?

Luke

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 11:25 am:   

Luke,

The AOL e-mail address is current for me and is the best way to contact me. I am currently considering some sort of special subscription offer with the release of the next issue, but it probably won't be one including back issues as I have very few copies of older issues. Issue #1 I have only a few left, issues #2 and #3 are sold out, issue #4 I have only a few left and a decent amount of #5. So offering back issues with new subscriptions would not net anyone complete runs of the zine.

Having said that, e-mail me separately and we can discuss this. Glad to hear the issue arrived.

JK

JV
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 11:34 am:   

It seems that being the Amazing Stories editor is a bit like being the captain of The Flying Dutchman.

JeffV

Joe T.
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 12:20 pm:   

Dave Gross got an offer to be a writer for the video game company Bioware, according to a post by John C. Bunnell on SFF.net.

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 12:27 pm:   

>>It seems that being the Amazing Stories editor is a bit like being the captain of The Flying Dutchman.

Which seems to be a few levels down from cat herding.

JK

ellen
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 01:41 pm:   

OTOH it likely pays extremely well :-)

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 05:57 pm:   

Would the position be something you would consider, Ellen? Good luck if so. :-)

You were the first person I thought of when I wondered who would be best suited to rescue Amazing stories. I hope you or somebody equally qualified gets that position.

There seems to be a real opportunity to do something with the magazine, if the publisher opens it beyond the usual in house/gaming editorial staff.

We'll see.

ellen
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 06:19 pm:   

Thanks Jeremy,
But as long as I have my SCIFI.COM job I'm very happy.

Also, it entails a lot more than being "fiction editor" from the job description--and I wonder how much media stuff the editor is forced to buy.

Luke
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:56 am:   

Ah, I just paid the full price for EV. Got to take care of the good guys.

J Lyons
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 07:45 am:   

I wonder if it'll be successful this time. Looks like they only accept solicited fiction submissions.

It also looks like they're trying to compete with SF Chronicle or one of the multi-media sci-fi magazines. Instead of just stories it features movie reviews and behind the scenes pieces.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register