Post World Fantasy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Electric Velocipede » Post World Fantasy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:02 am:   

It was so great to be there even for the short day and meet so many people that I had only met virtually. The whole thing started off with a bang with an amazing lunch at Jaleo (sorry to those who couldn't make it), and then a Disease Guide 'launch' in the con suite, and wanderings in the dealer's room.

A post-con howdy to everyone I met (in no particular order and apologies to anyone I forget!): Forrest, JeffV, Lucius, Deborah Layne, Mike Jasper, Nathan Ballingrud, John Picacio, Eric Schaller, Sean Wallace, Jeremy Lassen, Jason Williams, Christopher Rowe, Qwenda Bond, Alan DeNiro, Kristen Livdahl, Patrick Swenson, Frank Wu, Laura Resnick, Jason Erik Lundberg, Catherine Dybiec Holm, Dan Braum, and others I'm sure.

I know I'm forgetting someone at this point, but I don't know who.

Great to meet you all!

JK

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 06:05 am:   

Just wanted to add two things. First, the Night Shade Board practically swept the awards which is more than awesome! If you're part of the fun here, you're part of the best of the best. Second, I have to thank Mike Jasper for running a great Small Press party. Top moment of the party for me (apologies to Jay Lake's great Greek chorus) was Alan DeNiro discovering the true purpose behind con badges.

JK

John Picacio
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 05:12 pm:   

Hey, John!

Good to meet you too, man. Sorry we didn't get to spend more time over there. Let's definitely stay in touch.

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 08:40 am:   

Great to meet you too. I am giving serious consideration to coming to Armadillocon next year. One of my best buds from college just moved to Austin, so I would be able to kill two birds with one stone.

JK

John Picacio
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 09:22 am:   

Yeah, man....you should come down. You're guaranteed a great time out there. I'll be there for sure.

There's a lot of good people you can meet at that show.

IMNSHO Minz
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 12:09 pm:   

'dillocon's definitely a good time . . . it's got its priorities straight, and the Austin SF gang are good people. (Though one continues to hope they'll go back to November, since Austin in August is just plain sick!)

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 09:50 am:   

John--sorry I didn't drop by sooner (I'm still recovering!). It was great to meet you and Shai and all the others at WFC this past weekend. I know of no better people to eat buffalo, octopus, duck, blood sausages, and other delectables with than y'all! The con was tiring, but lots of fun.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 09:51 am:   

Hey, we DID get cups at the party, just a bit late... (in reference to Alan's badge tricks)!

Gwenda B.
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:03 pm:   

Hey! I trademarked the badge thing -- Alan owes me royalties.

Nice to meet you John, even if we didn't get to really hang out. You guys should all come to Wiscon -- Wiscon's fun, cheap and it's getting bigger and better every year.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:28 pm:   

I'm really getting tempted to go next year to WisCon. It's certainly way cheaper than the Mythic Journeys thing.

John Klima
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:34 pm:   

Hey, I'm from Wisconsin! The first convention I went to was a Wiscon! Ask Minz about Wiscon, me, and church some time. It's a good story.

Seriously, though, I would LOVE to go to Wiscon. This next year may see a completely different convention schedule for me: Wiscon, Armadillocon, World Fantasy. Great to meet all you folks, too. Wish I had been able to be there for the whole weekend.

At least Gwenda thinks I'm clever. <blush>

JK

John Klima
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:35 pm:   

Oh, and Gwenda, I apologize for mangling your name to Qwenda in my horrendous typing.

JK

Alan
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:44 pm:   

Isn't that Gwenda's evil twin sister?

I think she was at BitterCon.

Gwenda B.
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 08:21 pm:   

Alan DeNiro, I know where you live! Shhh! I'm the bad one _and_ the good one.

We were all very jealous of your "badge," John, which was quite clever. And don't worry, Qwenda is one of the most frequent alternames I get from people. Though I've never been sure why.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register