Germany-Poland Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » World Cup 2006 » Germany-Poland « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 01:50 pm:   

Wow. I thought Poland would hold them off after those two crossbars, but what a great cross!

Alistair Rennie
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 03:32 am:   

It was a great second half. Very exicting. I felt sorry for the Poles but you've got to say that Germany got more and more impressive as the game went on and deserved to win.

A couple of months ago I was visiting some friends in Stuttgart who, at that time, were extremely pessimistic about their chances. They reckoned that Germany would be lucky if they actually managed to qualify from the group stage. And now they're starting to look like serious contenders for reaching the final. Importantly for them, they showed last night that they can win a game without conceding 2 or 3 goals in the process. Interesting.

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 04:24 am:   

They looked very dangerous. I imagine they gave to be considered contenders now;

It was good to see Beckenbauer in the audience of one of the other games, the Spain-Ukraine match -- watching him in the Bundesleague games that ESPN would televize ar rwo AM was what turned me on to soccer in the first place.

Peadar
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 06:25 am:   

One of my childhood heroes too. And he's practically at every game -- a helicopter ferries him around.

Peadar

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register