The Netherlands Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » World Cup 2006 » The Netherlands « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 04:52 am:   

What do you guys think of the Dutch team's chances for winning the cup?

JV
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 06:38 am:   

I'm gun shy predicting them to go all the way. And haven't been keeping up with them. Anyone else?

I think the US is going to have a tough time of it, that's for sure.

JeffV

Forrest
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 07:47 am:   

the Netherlands could take second in their group, but it's a tough road right from the start.

The US team will have a tough time eking out second in their group. Even if they do, they'll likely have Brazil later on. No way the US can take first in their group.

Germany is sitting in a nice position, though.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 01:41 am:   

Yeah... I think the Dutch team is gonna have some trouble in their group. Argentina, Ivory Cost and Serbia/Montenegro, which are all strong teams.

I fear for the US team, too mates...

It's always the same with those Krauts. ;)

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 06:59 am:   

One of the more intriguing groups is group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola, and Portugal. I don't know exactly how things will pan out there, but Iran will make it interesting. Daei isn't going to go down without a fight. Portugal isn't a sure-thing for second, though I'd be really surprised if Mexico didn't take first.

Luís
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 05:21 pm:   

It was a very pleasant surprise to see Angola qualify for the World Cup, though I doubt they'll be going any further than this.

Mexico is indeed a tough adversary, but the remaining teams could still give Portugal a few headaches. The Portuguese team has an annoying tendency to SUCK when they get cocky, and they've lost many apparently easy matches simply because they underestimated their opponents. Scolari is good at reining in his players, though, so I have hope Portugal won't put on yet another disappointing performance, like the one four years ago in Korea.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 10:29 am:   

If I were a fan of the Netherlands or Check Rep, I would familiarize myself with name Eddie Johnson. You'll be cursing him come June ;)

I'm just hoping that when I'm in Prague this summer between attending matches that folks won't be too pissed at me because I'm an American, like those SOBS that beat their team.

I can't wait for June. Either way, it's gonna be a blast.

- David Reagan
http://coolmajaka.com

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 04:05 am:   

That's the spirit Davey! We'll make you eat yer words come Summer! ;)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register