The Greek Chorus at Torcon3 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lake, Jay » The Greek Chorus at Torcon3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jay Lake
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 08:56 pm:   

Here's me reading "Benno on Hollywood" at Torcon3 with the able assistance of the Greek Chorus.

Left side of chorus - Brenda Cooper, Chelsea Polk, Sarah Tolbert, Tempest Bradford, Jay Lake, Elizabeth Bear, Lori Ann White, Jae Brim

Right side of chorus - Chelsea Polk, Sarah Tolbert, Tempest Bradford, Jay Lake, Elizabeth Bear, Lori Ann White, Jae Brim, unknown, Jeremy Tolbert

This time the chorus consisted of Brenda Cooper, Chelsea Polk, Sarah Tolbert, and Tempest Bradford on my right (your left), and Elizabeth Bear, the celestialLori Ann White, Jae Brim, someone who's name I didn't record well enough and Jeremy Tolbert (Men's Auxiliary Chorus) on my left (your right).

A well-placed bomb would have set the electronic small press back, oh, about six hours.

I had a lot of fun, and hope the chorus did, too. Watch for the Greek Chorus to appear at World Fantasy in D.C.!

Jay Lake
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 08:57 pm:   

And thanks to Jed Hartman for the photos!

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 07:33 am:   

Neat-o! I wish you had taped it.

Any such plans for World Fantasy? And can I get a beret???

Jay Lake
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 08:10 am:   

Why thank you for asking, Mr. Jasper. Yes, Greek Chorus will appear at WFC, possibly twice. We're planning to have a gala ceremony at YOUR small press release party to release GREETINGS FROM LAKE WU and hand out copies of the GREETINGS FROM LAKE WU limited edition.

http://www.wheatlandpress.com/lakewu/
http://www.frankwu.com/box.html

The Greek Chorus will have a role at the gala ceremony. If I get a reading from the WFC programming gods, the Greek Chorus will have a role there. If I decide I have the chutzpah to pull it off, the Greek Chorus will have a role at the autograph session.

And yes, all chorus members receive a beret (until I run out, at any rate, but I buy them by the dozen)! Chorae Emeritae are encouraged to bring their classic berets. WFC berets will have a special upgrade from the Torcon3 berets.

Wanna be in the Chorus? Let me know in advance, or find me at the Con!

If that ain't incentive, I don't know what is.

Rob Vagle
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 07:11 pm:   

Incentive, yes! I wish I was going to World Fantasy. :-(

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register