Into print Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Into print « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 06:04 am:   

Just realised something over the weekend. Although I've been writing and getting acceptances for over 18 months now, there's only six pieces of mine that have actually seen print (or phosphor) yet. Fortunately there's a little bit of a flurry coming up, and by the autumn of this year that should have doubled. I tend to find that when I've sold a story I forget about it, and it always comes as a nice surprise when contributor copies show up.

Des
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 11:21 am:   

I was proud to have you printed in Nemonymous~2 as one of those six, Iain, and congratulations on recent acceptances. Iain Rowan - a name to conjure with!
Des

Iain Rowan
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:08 pm:   

Cheers Des, the pleasure of being in Nemo was all mine.

Michael Kelly
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:46 pm:   

Iain,

Surely you've been writing a lot longer than 18 months, no?

Congratulation son all your recent success.

-Mike

Michael Kelly
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:47 pm:   

Er, "congratulations on". :-)

Iain Rowan
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:33 pm:   

Hi Mike, thanks very much. Things going ok for you? I wrote my first story in summer 2000, wrote and submitted a couple of other things that year but it was really 2001 when I started to write with purpose, and then end of 2001 when I got my first sale - so rather than 18 months since I started writing, I meant 18 months since I started getting acceptances.

I'm 35 now; I sometimes kick myself and think why the hell didn't you start writing sooner, look at all those wasted years. Then I try and justify myself by saying that most of them was when I was in my twenties, and when I was in my twenties I knew nothing about anything...

Michael Kelly
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:47 pm:   

Iain, our tales are similar. I was 33 when I started writing. Just turned 40. I'm neither prolific, nor very good. But I'm getting better, I hope. Wish I had the chops you have. :-)

Haven't really been writing much lately. A couple shorts appearing hear and there, and others floating about.

Heh! I still know nothing about anything.

Come September, I'll be reading for ChiZine. Hope to see something from you in slush.

-Mike

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration