Alfred Hitchcock's Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Alfred Hitchcock's « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 03:24 pm:   

As we've been mentioning the genre: I'd written the occasional crime story over the last couple of years. in between the fantastic/speculative stories that my writing centred upon. I really enjoyed writing them, although I didn't have much of a feel for whether what I was writing was any good. About six months ago I decided to keep on with it, and since then I've written four or five more.

I was really pleased back in January when I sold one of them to Ellery Queen's. I was even more pleased today when I found out that I've also just sold one to Alfred Hitchcock's as well. I think there's maybe a message in there about writing more of it.

JeffV
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 03:28 pm:   

Congratulations!!!

JeffV

RFW
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 12:05 pm:   

Hi Iain!

Last night I read "Two Nights' Work," which I enjoyed very much. Loved the atmosphere of despair in the pub, and all the well-drawn characters. Well-paced too, with the narrator only revealing things in little bits to keep us going till the end. Good job!

When does your other Hitchcock story come out?

Robert

Iain Rowan
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 03:27 pm:   

Thanks for that Robert, glad you enjoyed it. The pub is very much based on a real one.

We used to drop in there because we were *so* out of place amongst the seven or so regulars who appeared to be the only people who drank there (and who included such notables as The Wig Lady, the smokebreathing Red Dragon and others), that it felt pretty much like finding yourself living in Twin Peaks.

I'm not sure when the other AHMM story's due; to be honest I didn't know this one was published until someone else where said hey, I enjoyed reading your story. I think the one I have in Ellery Queen's is sometime over the next month or so, and then the other Hitchcock's one a month later. But it may have changed since then.

Cheers

Iain

Iain Rowan
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 09:00 am:   

The Ellery Queen's one is out now, I guess, as I have now received my contributor's copy. It's the December issue. Why do they *do* that?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration