Update, and call for submissions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Update, and call for submissions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 01:12 pm:   

Bit of an update needed here, I think.

Let me see, what's happened. Lilies has been chosen for the long list for the British Fantasy Society Short Story award. I've got a story in the current issue of Black Gate, 'The Turning Of The Tiles', which was a sequel to the well-received 'Looking For Goats, Finding Monkeys' in Black Gate 6. And I'm just about to finish the first draft of what I hope to be the third in this series. I've had a straight crime story and a weird noir story both published in Hardluck Stories, and coming up soon are 'The Beauty Of The World Has Two Edges', in Polyphony 5, and a crime story 'Occupational Stress' in Crimespree, which is a dark little story about what people can be driven to by their jobs.

And yes, Liverpool are still the reigning champions of Europe, and now the winners of the European Super Meaningless Cup. Just thought I'd drop that in.

And (plug time), I'm editing for the first time. Well, editing other people's work. I do edit my own. Honest. I've been asked to guest edit the autumn issue of the crime zine Hardluck Stories, submissions for which are now open. So if any of you reading this write noir/hardboiled crime fiction, then I'd love to see a submission.

The theme of this issue is 'The City At Night'. I want to read about the night-shift workers, the hotel porters and prostitutes and petty thieves and paramedics and dealers and chancers, who live in a world where night is day. About people who sit in call centres, waiting for other night people to call them and complain, who fidget in glass prisons on garage forecourts, eating their lunch at two in the morning, or who wait half-asleep at taxi ranks in cars that smell of other people’s nights out. Max 5000 words preferred, deadline Nov 7th, email me with any queries. Full guidelines are here

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration