Dudek - what's he like? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Dudek - what's he like? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

neilw
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:12 pm:   

The man's a clown, but what a great game. Very pleased for you Iain.

Hope you calm down some time soon.

Neilw
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 06:21 am:   

Cheers Neil - I'm still buzzing.

A real night to remember - what a way to win it. I was sixteen last time Liverpool won it, and that seems like a lifetime ago. I still can't quite believe it. But I've been walking around with a huge grin ever since.

Dudek was employing something of a Derren Brown messing with minds technique - what looked like aimless arm waving was in fact the semaphore signals for 'Miss! Miss!'. The Milan players subconsciously absorbed the signals (ummm, knowledge of semaphore obviously being part of the human race's genetic memory), and there you go.

Plus, you know, Dudek's a Polish goalkeeper, and John Paul II was both of those, and following his recent promotion upstairs, well, I'm not saying there was any match fixing going on, but...

("OK, I shall send a plague of toads to smite Shevchenko".."Um, could you maybe just make him scuff the ball instead"..."Tsk, if you insist. Been ages since I've been able to do good plague, you know, it's not fair").

Cheers

Iain

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration