Bang to rights Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Bang to rights « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 01:50 pm:   

Something very surprising happened recently. Out of the blue, a screenwriter got in touch with me. His agent had passed him one of my short stories, and he was quite taken with it, and wanted to discuss developing a proposal based on it. Weíre in discussions about this now, and Iím excited about moving it forward, but Iím also trying to establish the definitive position about any claim over the performance rights the contract I signed gives to the original publisher.

Itís maybe not as favourable for me as it could be. Trouble is, when youíve only been selling stories for a couple of years, and just started to break into making pro sales, the possibility that someone somewhere might be interested in buying the film rights to a short story doesnít really enter your head. Well, it didnít mine, anyway.

Ah well. We'll see what happens.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration