Popes with moving eagle eyes, the zen... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Popes with moving eagle eyes, the zen of spuds, and more « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   

Sticking some useful, and some completely useless, things that I've seen recently together in one post.

He was a patron of the arts, cared about orphans, built a hospital and reunified the Papal States. And he says "Enemy forces detected" when you pull the string in his back - it's the Pope Innocent III Action Figure.

Experience mindful oneness by contemplating the serene simplicity of the Bonsai Potato.

If you use OS X, try Quicksilver. I've not used Launchbar or any of the other utilities that QS follows on from, so I can't compare, but after using QS for five minutes I can't imagine using OS X without it. Quick launching of applications, triggering iTunes playlists, jumping straight to URLs, all with a couple of key strokes. Simple, free, excellent.

Also free, and also excellent, but slightly less simple is Textpattern. This is the content management software that runs my website, and although it took a little while to get my head around the way Textpattern is structured, once I did I found that it's the best cms/blogging software I've used. Simple, elegant, unfussy. I had been hanging on for the next version of Movable Type, but now I can't imagine moving back.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration