Sale to Black Gate Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Sale to Black Gate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain Rowan
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 08:07 am:   

My story "Looking for Goats, Finding Monkeys" is in the issue of Black Gate which has just been published. I was really pleased to get an email from John O'Neill yesterday letting me know that he's taking the follow-up, "The Turning Of The Tiles".

I'm pleased for a few reasons: it's a sale, and a sale to a good market, but also because it's something of a behemoth for me, and about four times as long as my average short story (11,000 words - does that make it a novella?), but most of all because it's a sequel, and I'm tickled by the idea that someone likes one of my characters enough to want to read more about him.

Tom Bates
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:18 pm:   

Congratulations! I haven't dug into my copy yet, but your story's first up. It looks like a good start to another good issue.

Iain Rowan
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 01:44 am:   

Thanks Tom - hope you enjoy it.

Tom Bates
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 05:52 pm:   

I did. The character and the setting look like they could support more stories. Any idea when we'll see "The Turning of the Tiles"?

Iain Rowan
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 01:48 am:   

Good, glad you liked it.

I think Tiles should hopefully appear next year, as I think John is hoping to get it into the issue after next. It needs trimming a little, so we have some editorial work to do on it, but I don't think that will get in the way.

Cheers

Iain

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration