Welcome Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Rowan, Iain » Welcome « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Iain R
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 03:25 pm:   

Well, this should be interesting - sorry if you've got here and found tumbleweed blowing through the middle of my message board, but I'm ever so slightly less well-known than most of the other writers here.

If you want to know more about me or what I've written, please visit my website.

The highlights of 2003 so far for me have been finding out that my story The Circular Path has been given an honorable mention in this year's Year's Best Fantasy and Horror, and finding out that my crime story The Chain has been bought by Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine.

I do have a couple of entries in a certain publication coming out later on this year, the Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases, but, between you and I, many of the other contributing luminaries of the medical world could almost teach the old sot Lambshead a thing or two about quackery and charlatanism. And to think these are the people who mock my research papers, and are oh so quick to point a finger when valuable experiments go trivially wrong and accidentally contaminate entire communities.

Des
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 10:51 pm:   

Congratulations, Iain, on your successes so far. Many more to come, from what I've seen.
Des

Neil
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:36 am:   

Iain! I didn't know you had a website!

Looks very nice too.

neil

Iain R
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 08:47 am:   

Thanks Neil. It's not been up that long, but even so I think I have decided that I don't like the way it looks and redesigned it about three times. I think the real reason is that it's a great timewasting exercise to stop me doing anything more productive, and as with all such things is automatically appealing.

Neil
Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 05:17 am:   

Well, I kinda like it in its current format - very clean, not hard to read, no extraneous flashing bleeping stuff.

But by all means tinker with it if you need to procrastinate. Me, I generally clean the toilet or something.

Des
Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 05:34 am:   

Or write on message boards?
Seriously, I've had more inspiration from stuff on message boards and newsgroups (mostly other people's postings but including my own, sent spontaneously in the fire of conversation) than anything else. Des

Jeff VanderMeer
Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 07:58 am:   

Welcome, Iain! Yeah--cool web site.

Michael Kelly
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 05:01 pm:   

Iain,

Hey, great to see you here among such fine company! Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Wishing you much success and happiness the rest of the way.

Best
-Mike

Stepan Chapman
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 11:47 pm:   

Hello, Dr. Rowan.

Tumbleweeds do blow through this particular string of your message board. No matter. You mention The Lambshead Guide above.

Be aware, Rowan fans everywhere, that this compendium contains the chilling "Inverted Drowning Syndrome" and the inexcusable "Pentzler's Lubriciousness".

So Iain, I'd like to send you a chapbook of my cartoons called Common Ectoids of Arizona, but I don't know your street address. Could you possibly e-mail stepanchapman@hotmail.com and help me out?

Iain Rowan
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:43 am:   

Dr Chapman, hello.

It is quiet in here in general; I keep having phases of making new posts and intending to keep them going but then lapsing back into torpor. Then again, I like torpor.

Thanks for the mention of my bits in the Guide; I haven't seen a copy yet, but I am sure I will soon, and I'm really looking forward to reading the other contributions from my fellow qua- medical professionals, it's been really fun to be part of it.

I'd be delighted to read Common Ectoids, thanks for thinking to send me a copy; an email is on its way to you.

Cheers

Iain

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration