HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Pledge of allegiance

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Politics and Religion » Pledge of allegiance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 11:00 pm:   

Kids should not be subjected to propoganda, indoctrination, brainwashing and religious dogma such as ID in American schools. Schools should educate and provide moral guidance but leave all else for kids to decide for themselves once they become adults. The "under god" bit should be removed too - this was only added during the cold war and is offensive to atheists, non-religious and polytheistic people.

Thomas R
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 04:22 am:   

It takes a truly brave man to anonymously state a secularist position on a predominately Liberal to Leftist science-fiction/fantasy board. (Sarcasm meter going crazy on writing that)

More seriously I think the Pledge of Allegiance is Nationalist claptrap in any form. It's all about putting your allegiance to some ephemeral nation rather than any greater cause. (Like Humanitarianism, Art, God, Marxism, or whatever works for you) Ideally I'd be more for not saying it is seen as normal and acceptable. It's already legally allowed to refuse to say it, once it's culturally mainstream to not say it it will hopefully fade as the Progressive era fad it was. Having it be challenged from a group of Americans widely not seen as mainstream, opinions of atheists in the US is more negative then almost any subsection, is unhelpful to that.

Ms. Anonymous
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:19 am:   

He's baaaaack.....

The Boredom is back!

Thomas R.
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:04 pm:   

You're right, I intended to stick to FSF's group and even then only post rarely. If I could delete that last post, and this one, I would.

R.Wilder
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 07:37 am:   

Somebody deleted the best post on this thread.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |