HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

It Pains Me To Say It...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Politics and Religion » It Pains Me To Say It... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jlassen
Username: Jlassen

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 03:50 pm:   

It Pains me to say it, but, yes. I was right. About Iraq. WMD's. Al Queda connections. About the Bush [mis]administration. All of it.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

In particular, if any of you old school asimov-board right-wingers want to fess up and publicly admit just how wrong you were, I will in fact refrain from mocking you -- I will compliment you on your willingness to admit poor judgment.

But outside of petty "I told you so" bullshit, I'd like to point out that everyone who was right, inside and outside of the media and government is STILL marginalized, while everyone who was wrong is still lionized as having supior judgment and who's word should be taken as gospel, or at least filled with special insight. That seems wrong to me. But of course, I still hate freedom and liberty.

Gordon_van_gelder
Username: Gordon_van_gelder

Post Number: 624
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:59 am:   

Jeremy---

Did you see this article?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/washington/20generals.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

If the link doesn't work, log in to the NY TIMES site and search for "Behind TV Analysts, Pentagon".

Neal_asher
Username: Neal_asher

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 01:04 pm:   

You're in no pain at all, Jeremy. Now I'm what some might describe as a right-winger (libertarian really) and I still think, as I always have, we should have left Iraq the fuck alone. Britain especially should have had nothing to do with it, and nothing to do with Afghanistan too, now. Fucking sick of seeing young soldiers cheerfully making the best of things with their bandaged stumps.

Jlassen
Username: Jlassen

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 03:09 pm:   

Not to split hairs, but it DOES pain me to see my worst fears come true. The dead soldiers you describe. the civilians... the monster of sectarian violence and warlordism that has engulfed Iraq.

All this does pain me, because I have empathy, and because it's been done in my name, with my tax dollars.

I've always tried to make common ground amongst true conservatives who's values of non-interventionism, no nation building, and small government, etc...

I find a lot of value in many of these core conservative values... more then most of the neo-cons who subverted the popular meaning of "conservative" here in the states, apparently.

But I have to be careful here. I don't want this to be yet another example of two people on the Night Shade Message boards being in compete agreement concerning a geo-political issue.

:-)

peace
-jl

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |