HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Slush Pile 2

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fairwood Press/Talebones Magazine » Slush Pile 2 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:41 am:   

Too many posts to scroll through, so we'll start again here for those who have already read through the pertinent parts of the previous thread.

About a week's worth of manuscripts on the pile. It doesn't take long to start multiplying...

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:56 am:   

By the way, during the past three months, we've put about 15 stories on our hold pile. We will be whittling that down to about 8 or 9 in the next week. Then stay tuned to the announcement of stories and writers for issue #34.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 06:02 pm:   

Currently, the pile includes manuscripts back to July 5th (plus holds).

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 03:12 pm:   

Would you believe...still July 5th backlog. Pushing to get the next issue out and working on three books for Fairwood has really cut into my slush reading time. Hopefully I can get back on track before school starts up again for me.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 05:19 pm:   

Um.

Yeah.

No change.

Sigh.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 09:40 pm:   

A small dent--Honna read some today while I was at work, but still only up to 7/11. Sorry folks. Still about 2 months behind.

Honna Swenson
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 07:44 pm:   

Hi
Up to the first part of August now with some stories pulled out (about 3 out of 50)
One particular manuscript caught my eye, I thought. . .naw. . .but I kept reading, anyway, thinking the writer wouldn't be able to pull it off to the end. So I checked the ending, wanting to get a sense of tone, how it finished up and thought. . .Hey. Hmm. Who is this? But no SASE! No cover letter. But I did read it all the way through and it's one of the ones on hold. Why no SASE? About 3 out of the 50 didn't. Brats!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |