HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Dr. Who-who-who-who...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fairwood Press/Talebones Magazine » Dr. Who-who-who-who... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   

Who's watching the new Doctor Who on Sci-Fi Channel? What do you think?

Of course it's on hiatus here in the U.S. now, but some folks I know have already seen the 2nd season via British TV.

We like it, and haven't been confused by it, considering we came into it completely cold, never having watched Doctor Who before--that is, not full seasons. From time to time, who couldn't resist watching a half hour of one of the old doctors strutting his stuff? :-) And it's hard not to hear/see references to it in popular culture.

We weren't surprised that a new doctor would begin season two (due to damn hard-to-avoid spoilers). I knew about the whole regeneration thing. I wonder why Eccleston (sp?) only did one year?

Mary Robinette Kowal
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 06:58 am:   

I'm watching it on a Dutch Channel in Iceland, so I guess the show is everywhere now. They just showed the first episode on Tuesday, but I had already seen some via DVD.

I was a huuuuuge Doctor Who fan when I was in middle and high school. Very, very geeky. I think the new series is doing a good job of making the old fans happy and being accessible to the new ones.

Apparently Eccleston was concerned that being identified too strongly as The Doctor would box him in too much for his career. So he decided to do only the one season, but didn't tell the producers that when he was cast. But, this is third hand information from a friend so it might be completely wrong.

I've seen one episode with the newest doctor and quite like him.

Crystal Sarakas
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 01:16 pm:   

We acquired the series from a UK friend when it first aired there and I absolutely fell in love with the new Doctor. My husband is a longtime fan and also loved it (although he still has a soft-spot for TOS of Doctor Who). We just finished series 2 and it was one hell of a ride! I believe series 2 airs on SciFi this October.

Crystal

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   

Boy, I agree, Crystal. We can't wait for season 2. A friend loaned us the video with the Christmas Invasion special that happens between season 1 and season 2. I'm assuming SciFi will start with that episode. If not, I hope Who fans will find a way to see it!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |