HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Awards

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fairwood Press/Talebones Magazine » Awards « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   

A lightning strike! I found out today that my Analog story, "The Inn at Mount Either" is one of the finalists for the Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award for best short science fiction of the year.

The complete list of finalists is at http://www.ku.edu/~sfcenter/sturgeon-finalists.htm

Wow!

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 03:19 pm:   

echo, echo, echo... <vbg>

Ken Scholes
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 03:47 pm:   

That is very cool, Jim. Congratulations! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Honna Swenson
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   

Congratulations, Jim! Fingers crossed over here, too.

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 01:15 pm:   

I received Progress Report #4 from the World Fantasy Convention today. Ballots are due by June 30 for the World Fantasy Awards. Unlike most of the other awards, World Fantasy recognizes single author collections with its own award. For those of you who read here who are also members of the convention, I'd like to point out that THE LAST OF THE O-FORMS AND OTHER STORIES is eligible for nomination.

Also, every story in TALEBONES last year is eligible for the "short fiction" award, and I think Patrick and Honna are eligible for the "special award - professional"

The ballot is available in Progress Report #3, posted on line as a PDF at http://www.fact.org/wfc2006/book/pr/wfcpr03.pdf

Also, the ballot can be e-mailed to Roger Turner at rturner@cyberus.ca

I am always shocked by how FEW nominations are often necessary to get works onto finalist ballots. If you are attending the convention, your nomination will count!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |