HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Returned Rocket Science

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fairwood Press/Talebones Magazine » Returned Rocket Science « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 07:24 pm:   

Okay, so yesterday, I get a return from Baker & Taylor. One copy of ROCKET SCIENCE. Why? It wasn't ROCKET SCIENCE on the INSIDE of the book. There was a name of a library stamped on the top edge, so it had actually gone out to this library. Perhaps it even made it to the shelf and someone checked it out. If so, they got a big surprise. Here's the text that was actually between the covers of Jay's book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0975408054/ref=lpr_g_1/002-6074953-9285655?s=eb ooks&v=glance&n=551440

What a hoot! Just take a look at the excerpt to get a good idea of what's in there...

This is something that happens once in a blue moon with the POD model, but only one other time for us: a math book got sandwiched in our first book, Patrick O'Leary's collection OTHER VOICES, OTHER DOORS...it was at a book signing and a fan of Patrick's brought up the book to be signed and when he opened it up...!

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 10:25 am:   

Patrick---

I think you should get Jay to sign this copy and then auction it off for the SFWA emergency fund (or a similar good cause).

John Klima
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 06:42 am:   

In related news, the library I work at has a copy of Rocket Science, and it's just fine. I'm reading it right now and loving every minute of it.

JK

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   

You can imagine Jay was panting to get his hands on this copy (so to speak)! ;) It's a good idea, Gordon. I haven't even told my client rep at the printer about it. It's just too funny to bother mentioning!

John, glad you're enjoying it. We've had some good library sales on this title (well we've had a lot of good sales period).

Jay Lake
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 06:01 am:   

Hey, I think it's a brilliant idea, what Gordon said. Of course, I'll probably have to buy it back from the auction, but i guess that's sort of the point, isn't it?

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 06:30 am:   

Jay---

Either that, or auction off to someone the opportunity for you to write in their copy of ROCKET SCIENCE your own exclusive version of BREATHLESS.

" 'This is most intriguing,' Lasax stated as he petted Manus' hair."

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 08:05 pm:   

"Ready for more," she purred.
"Whoa woman let me catch my breath for a minute."
"Then you better use these." Eve held up the chains.
Trent smiled and fastened the metal shackles on her wrist. "My flame," he whispered....

kenscholes
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 08:24 am:   

Somewhere in a small apartment in Duluth, an overweight man in sweats is opening the copy of Breathless that he's waited weeks and weeks to read and wondering immediately how Vernon and Floyd have anything to do with purring women in shackles.....

Jonathan Laden
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   

Vernon and Floyd have EVERYTHING to do with purring women in shackles.

Wait for the sequel.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 07:40 pm:   

I'm bringing it to Jay at Radcon in February. Maybe he should read from it during the Talebones Live reading... ;)

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 12:39 am:   

Jay received the BREATHLESS version of ROCKET SCIENCE this past weekend at Radcon. I handed it over, but asked for visiting rights.

He failed to read from it at any major panels, damn him.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |