HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

What Santa Brought Me...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Fairwood Press/Talebones Magazine » What Santa Brought Me... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   

Here tis, Christmas Eve. Tomorrow, the big guy (or equivalent) brings the goodies. When you get a chance, tell us what you got that was cool!

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 02:38 pm:   

This was my all-DVD Christmas: first seasons of both LOST and BATTLESTAR GALLACTACA, plus SERENITY, STEALTH and MONTY PYTHON AND THE SEARCH FOR THE HOLY GRAIL. Thank goodness I don't have to go back to teaching until Jan. 9.

Merry Christmas, all!

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 12:31 am:   

Wow, Jim, no KIDDing, DVD Christmas. Of course, I fared pretty well in that department myself. First season of LOST (well, a present for Honna, but I reap the benefits, of course), and SERENITY. I've got birthday and Christmas money to spend from my folks, and at least some of it is going to buy the BATTLESTAR DVD. And maybe I might have some left over to throw in for Season 3 of BABYLON 5. I'm getting those one a year -- so damn expensive.

Got the new Robert B. Parker Spenser book, plus Science Fiction Quotations. I have a gift card for Barnes & Noble to get something else too. Got a few different calendars, a new CD, a couple pocket knives, a pressure washer, and other odds and ends.

Jim Van Pelt
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 09:50 am:   

I watched some of the LOST episodes. Wow! I can see why there was so much buzz about it. Great hooks. Compelling storytelling.

kenscholes
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 02:57 pm:   

We've got LOST in our Netflix Queue. Santa was kind to me: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 2.0 (first half of season 2), a Borders Gift Card (which led to the purchase of BBC's COUPLING -- funniest brit show I've seen since Python,) a nifty watch, some much-needed socks, George R. R. Martin's newest volume, George Carlin's book WHEN WILL JESUS BRING THE PORK CHOPS?, and a homemade quilt. Not bad.

Of course, my favorite gifts were Rich Horton saying nice things about my latest TB story in his 2005 summary and my Realms of Fantasy sale the week before Christmas.

Cthullu bless us...everyone. :-)

S. Parker
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 04:21 am:   

It sounds like you've all got lots to watch on DVD.

I got a 'hanko' -- that's a small rubber stamp that Japanese people use instead of a handwritten signature when signing for packages, etc. Mine approximates the name STEVE in Japanese characters and simultaneously proclaims me to be a "blood-drinking warrior". Postmen now fear me twice as much! Yes!

My best present by far, however, was the payment (on my behalf) of a month's salary to an African anti-poaching soldier via the Worldwide Wildlife Fund.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 02:28 am:   

"Of course, my favorite gifts were Rich Horton saying nice things about my latest TB story in his 2005 summary and my Realms of Fantasy sale the week before Christmas."

Did I see this summary? I was looking for it and couldn't find it...

kenscholes
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 08:05 am:   

Heh. I found it here on the Discussion Board under Reviews. Jim posted it. You can find it at http://webnews.sff.net/read?cmd=read&group=sff.people.richard-horton&artnum=3265

He put "The Man with Great Despair Behind His Eyes" in the top five.

Patrick Swenson
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 02:36 pm:   

Yeah...for whatever reason, I can only see the first five or six posts on my Review discussion board. I remembered Jim posting it, but I just can't access it. Wonder why I can't but others can...

honna
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 09:45 am:   

Okay, I'm trying to post to a lot of topics here since I've been long absent. Anyone miss me?
Yes, the 1st season of LOST was for me! Love that show. Since I'm all into martinis now, I got some great martini glasses, a couple of bottles of vanilla vodka (for a great drink called "pineapple uspide down cake"), a cocktail shaker. Been having some fun mixing up different concoctions, researching the web for lots of different drinks, etc.
got other great gifts, too, including a gorgeous sparkly bracelet from Patrick.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |