TorCon Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Williams, Liz » TorCon « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liz Williams
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 05:41 am:   

HDt. Much drink drunk, many people spoken with, a generally good time. I'm typing this with my nose as my hands don't seem to work any more, strangely.

Professionally, a very good con - well-attended readings and signings, an interview with Locus, all the publicity (some 200 + cover cards) vanishing from the racks and a story sold to Asimov's. So I am tired but happy.

Bigger, better con report will follow once I can remember who I am and where I've been. There was a big waterfall, that much I know.

Laura Anne
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 07:58 am:   

Was good to see you, Liz. And your Scottish Sidekick, too. Is she still annoyed about the secret bathroom-location thing? *grin*

And damn it, I still owe you a drink. Well, no hope for it, I'll just have to head to London as soon as fares drop again...

(oh, the trauma)

Neil
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 08:25 am:   

Yo, Liz - I'm dying for a full - nay *coherent* - report of the con.

Also, I'm a little put out that you've filled the Scottish Sidekick vacancy without advertising the job nationally. Stinks of nepotism if you ask me! Dirty business.

Liz Williams
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:18 am:   

Neil, I'm sorry, but Deb demonstrated such headbutting acumen in the mean streets of Toronto that I had little choice. Besides, I am an Equal Opportunities employer. Should you still wish to apply as Sidekick, I'm sure we can fit you in and find a niche for your very special services. It's on a rotating basis, so sometimes you and Deb are my sidekicks, and sometimes I am the one doing the sidekicking, as it were.

God, I'm rambling. I've just woken up. It would seem to be 7 pm. Excuse me. That culinary staple of British life, the take-out curry, has arrived. I knew it wouldn't be long before this board started filling up with old takeaway cartons and half-empty cans...

Liz Williams
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:20 am:   

And yes, Laura Anne, the secret bathroom plot was indeed masterful but we have now divined your cunning plan-o-evil and never more shall we be thwarted! We now know the way to the ladies' powder room and it shall NOT be concealed from us!!! When next -

Oh wait. We're in Britain now.

Damn.

Liz Williams
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 12:25 pm:   

Laura Anne - definitely up for a drink in London. I thought you bought me one, though? Must have lost track. How did that happen? :-)

Neil
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 01:17 am:   

Too late, Liz. I'm sure Debbie was an excellent sidekick. However, I am now officially "spurned couldabeen sidekick".

I may return to plague you as an arch nemesis. We'll see.

Cordially, Neil

Liz W
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 04:36 am:   

Damn.

However, every superheroine needs an arch nemesis, so I am flattered if deeply troubled.

Just don't build any fembots.

(And how could you, seeing as how your hands have probably dropped off by now from the Lambshead signing sheets! I'm so relieved they showed up after their sojourn in the post office dungeons. Otherwise no one would have spoken to me ever again).

Neil
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 05:06 am:   

Fembots? *arches eyebrow in sinister-coquettish fashion* Oh, my dear, nothing so mundane.

Petbots are the future!
Hambots with their little pouches stuffed with semtex, Fluffybunnybots charged with enough static electricity to fry you the moment you bend down to pet them. And for the cat lovers amongst you... well, you know how you love em, but you've always suspected they were "up to something"? You'll never know until it's way too late.

Re the signing sheets... perversely, you know I quite enjoyed it. Rangers were playing in a Champions League qualifier that night, so I just hunkered down with the radio and the sheets and got to it. Passed them on to Andrew the next day. No bother. You some kind of wuss or something?

The post office thing wasn't your fault - they got to Glasgow the day after you posted them. It's what happened after that that remains a mystery...

Liz
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 05:24 am:   

You're a sick, sick man, Williamson. But that's news to no one! :-)

Yeah, okay, so I'm a wuss. My delicate little fingers do not appreciate signing 1000 dedication sheets, tis true. You got a problem with that, arch-nemesis???

Neil
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 05:30 am:   

A problem? On the contrary! Knowing your enemy's weaknesses is what it's all about after all.

*scurries off to draw up plans for Evil Interminable Signing Torture Contraption MkI*

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration