Website Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Williamson, Neil » Website « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

neilw
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 03:02 am:   

Hey, I have one! After giving it a few months to bed in I thought I should let folks know about it if they're interested.

www.neilwilliamson.org.uk

Cool, huh?

neil

KeithB
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 03:24 am:   

Very nice, Neil.

I'll add links from infinity plus and my own site soon.

Good to see "Harrowfield" is an upcoming publications - love that story!

Tamar
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 06:12 am:   

Hey, great! So thrilled to get to hear something of the band *at long last.*

You have *two* books coming out, Neil - did I miss something? (Obviously I did.)

neilw
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 06:36 am:   

Thanks you two.

T - 2, yes, the collection is out next Easter, and there's the Scottish SF anthology out at Worldcon that I'm editing with Andrew Wilson.

Who knew editing would be so much fun? Once we've finished with everything I'll be making my own genizah to house the forgotten submitted manuscripts.

des
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:05 am:   

Congratulations, Neil, from Clacton.
Very stylish.
des

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:49 am:   

Very sexy, Neil. It just needs more alcohol.

neilw
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:51 am:   

Dude, it may not be fashionable, but I like to keep the alcohol behind the scenes.

Cheers (and to Des too)

neil

Liz
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 10:33 am:   

Neil, very cool!

marion
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 01:32 pm:   

Nice, Neil!
Marion A

Forrest
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 07:36 pm:   

I like it a lot, Neil. Reminds me of this "Irish" pub in Minneapolis . . . Seriously, I like the noir feel of the site.

neil a
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 01:53 am:   

Hi, Neil.

If you want to send me a 'Murnie' demo for the Fragment site, feel free.

Issue 4 is nearly closed, but get it to me within the next couple of weeks and I'll get a review squeezed in.

www.fragmentmagazine.co.uk

neilw
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 05:35 am:   

Cheers Neil - we're still tweakin' at the moment (basically we're learning to mix by trial and error - having a decent set of monitors would help of course, but...), but the next couple of weeks isn't out of the question.

Forrest - noir? Moi? Naw, it's only b&w cos I couldn't afford a colour one. Also, there will be no darts allowed. :D

Chris Butler
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 05:36 am:   

Very stylish!

EricS
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 09:59 am:   

Really enjoyable site. So simple even I could navigate it. So deep that I almost forgot to come up for air.

Iain Rowan
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 11:12 am:   

Neil, very nice site indeed. b&w is good.

Dumore
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   

Hi Neil. Nice site. Very Glasgow!

You may recall that I owe you a real bottle of whisky, as opposed to a virtual one, which one day I hope will appear on your doorstep along with the milk!

In the meantime, I wanted to ask if you can give any more details about the Scottish anthology. Sounds very exciting. It's the first time I've heard of a Scottish sci-fi collection and I wonder who's in it (if, indeed, this is not top secret information at the moment). And I was wondering also whether it's contemporary stuff only or whether it goes way back to the nineteenth century or even to Pictish times!

I was at the Italy v Scotland game in Milan the other week, by the way, and it was very sci-fi. The Scots surely are an alien race here to completely dumfound these Earthlings into some kind of submission with their extraordinary behaviour and otherworldly attire. The Piazza del Duomo was awash with beer and kilts. Amazing.

neilw
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 07:20 am:   

Hi Dunmore and others - thanks for comments on the site. It's developing, but I'm pleased.

There will be an official-like press release for the anthology posted here presently. All will be revealed then. We're very pleased with it, however.

I can tell you that it covers the whole gamut of speculative fiction from alien encounter and post-human SF, to counterfactual historical fantasies, to ghost stories, to contemporary horror. There's bound to be at least a couple of stories in there you'll be interested in.

The game in Milan looked like we put up a bit of a fight as well, which is promising for the future. The Tartan Army though - what a bunch of nutters. Endearing and embarassing in equal measure, but always good fun. Spent a memorable day in their company in St Etienne a few years ago. France 98, Scotland v Morocco, we went down three nil, but that's not really relevant. A totally brilliant day's entertainment - that was the day I learned that was possible to both "laugh at" and "laugh with". :D

EricS
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 11:09 am:   

I'm posting this message so that Tamar Yellin and you both have the same number of messages on your boards. The number is 123, a fine number that seems to imply more messages to come.

neilw
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 02:47 am:   

Yeah, but see the problem I have now is if post another message, I'll jinx it...

...bugger

Marion A
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 02:32 pm:   

Never mind, Neil - you did OK with a million smiles!

Dunmore
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 06:59 pm:   

Thanks, NeilW. The anthology sounds like it will be a beauty. I'm really looking forward to it.

And I know what you mean about endearing and embarassing in equal measure. Boy, I can feel myself blush every time I think about it. And yet, it was one of the greatest occasions of my life.

I was impressed mightily, though, by the performance. I was expecting a 4-0 drubbing. Instead, it should have been a draw. If this is Walter's Scotland, then hope indeed is not a fable. It exists!

neilw
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 01:33 am:   

Dunmore - fingers crossed, man. We deserve a decent team, and I honestly believe with all of the good young players playing for Hibs and Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee United, we've got a chance of actually building a half able team.

AliceB
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 08:16 am:   

Hey Neil. Your site is cool, but when I pull it up, I get white on white for large portions of it (where the background photo is white), making some stuff unreadable (though if that's the plan, that's okay too).

Best,
Alice

AliceB
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 08:16 am:   

P.S. Hope the foot heals quickly.

neilw
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 08:28 am:   

Thanks Alice - there shouldn't be white on white anywhere. There's a sort of "mid-ground" image that comes up behind the text to make that happen. Are you seeing that? Also are you using a mac?

The foot, well, it's my own fault really. Thanks for the good wishes.

AliceB
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 01:15 pm:   

I don't seem to be getting the "mid-ground" image (not that I'm sure what that is): the white text is printed directly over a blow-up of your picture. The left side of the photo behind your head, which is mostly white, covers a good portion of the screen and I lose all the white text over that. I also lose the text over the white of your glasses.

I use a PC and Microsoft Internet Explorer (not sure which version, but not that old--I can dig it up if it matters).

Hope that helps.

Alice

neilw
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:35 am:   

I'm not sure what's happening with you there Alice, sorry. Possibly if you have a dial-up connection your finishing reading the page and moving on to the next before it has finished loading (that grey box is the last thing to load generally), other than that I'm not sure what i can suggest sorry.

But thanks for your interest all the same.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration