"Weclome"! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Williamson, Neil » "Weclome"! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neil
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:24 am:   

So. I have a message board!

Many thanks to Nightshade Books for it. I'll try and do something fun with it, although I'm not sure exactly what just yet.

In the meantime, I'm offering a prize to the first person who spots the recent Brit TV reference in the title of this thread. It'll be a good prize, honest.

Keith Brooke
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:40 am:   

Hi, Neil.

Do I get the prize for suggesting that the mis-spelling of welcome might have something to do with something that has appeared on British TV? Recently, of course.

Neil
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:48 am:   

Tell you what, Keith. You're not exactly spot on - but you're definitely in the running. Although, frankly I'd have expected a bit more effort from you.

Disappointed.

Eric S
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 06:53 am:   

May I suggest that Keith's error was in language rather than content, in this case by his use of the term "British TV" instead of calling it "the tellie."

Please note that being a foreigner in the UK I should not be held responsible for any misspellings that I make for slang terms--for all I know it could be spelled "telly and be derived from everyone's favorite bald-headed detective. Hmmm, didn't he have to mumble around a lollypop, such that his words came out distorted, a potential example being "weclome"?

Neil Williamson
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 01:40 am:   

Eric - much though I would love that to be the actual answer, it's nowhere near. Sorry.

FYI, I have seen it written "tellie" and "telly", but I don't think there's any connection with Angela Lansbury in Murder She Wrote.

What? Of course it was a wig! It's obvious!

neil

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration