HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Dr. O and Mr. D.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Dr. O and Mr. D. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Freelivefree
Username: Freelivefree

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   

In the Nocturnal Adventure of Dr. O and Mr. D, I get that Mr. D is Philip K. Dick, but I'm having trouble figuring out who Dr. O is. Am I missing something obvious here?

Gordon_van_gelder
Username: Gordon_van_gelder

Post Number: 593
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 05:39 pm:   

You're missing something, but it's not obvious. Try doing an online search on Dr. Winston O.

Freelivefree
Username: Freelivefree

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 06:23 pm:   

Okay, I looked up Dr. Winston O. Now it seems obvious since he mentioned he was shot by a madman. Was Doris anyone in particular?

Stevenlp
Username: Stevenlp

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 09:19 am:   

Dr Winston O'Boogie was a pseudonym used by John Lennon on his Walls & Bridges album

Greg
Username: Greg

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 09:01 pm:   

"I Dig a Pygmy by Charles Hortrey and the Deaf Aids, Phase One in which Doris gets her oats..."

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help much with the perplexing Doris problem. There was an English medium named Doris who claimed to have become acquainted with John Lennon subsequent to his death, but she would have been older than this Doris, and wasn't enormously fat. I suppose it's possible she's gained weight in the hereafter.

I liked the story--either in spite of or because of the fact that I couldn't decipher its meaning. Apparently that's just one more thing hidden out there in the fog.
GSH

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |