HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

"The Bone Man" by Frederic S. Durbin ...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » "The Bone Man" by Frederic S. Durbin - an interview « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Joseph Adams
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 08:18 pm:   

I conducted a short interview with Frederic S. Durbin about his story for F&SF, "The Bone Man." You can read the interview here:

http://www.johnjosephadams.com/?p=1301

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 07:35 am:   

I had no idea that Sauk City, Wisconsin, was an inspiration for the story.

Lee S.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 10:53 am:   

Mr. Adams,

I'm really liking these short interview-vignettes you've been posting to your blog. Not too long, and not pointlessly short. They're the kind of thing a reader would like to have as an introduction to a story in the mag (assuming one is not of the crowd that hates story intros), or as an afterword to the story were there infinite space, time, money, paper, and ink to do so. Putting them on an internet site gives the best of both worlds: those interested can read, those not do not have precious magazine "bandwidth" wasted on something they abhor.

Fabrice Doublet
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   

Keep on posting your interviews, John Joseph. The're valuable addenda to the magazine.

Pat Swift
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 02:44 pm:   

I read "The Bone Man" aboard Amtrak enroute to the World Fantasy Convention earlier this month and was knocked out. What could have been a much shorter story achieves it power through the gradual accumulation of detail. Learning that Sauk City was the model for the town only makes it richer. By chance I ran into Fred Durbin in the dealer's room that afternoon and let him know how much I enjoyed the story.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |