Market Advice Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Market Advice « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nicholas Paris
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 11:09 am:   

I hate to bring up this old topic again, but I stumbled across a site a while back and now can't seem to find it again... Does anyone know of any good sites where writers DISCUSS markets and give each other advice on where it might be a good idea to submit a particular story? I'm aware of ralan, and I often use a great site called duotrope, but a while back I found a discussion site where writers would post a few line synopsis of a story and others would recommend markets or editors who might be partial to the type of story in question. Anyone know of any site like that?

Thanks!

Ruth J. Burroughs
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 09:23 pm:   

Is this the place, Nicholas?

http://www.speculations.com/fresh.html

Marguerite Reed
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 07:52 pm:   

Hey, thanks for this!

Nicholas Paris
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 06:28 pm:   

Wow, I think that's actually the one I was looking for, Ruth! Thanks so much!

Ruth J. Burroughs
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 08:18 pm:   

You're welcome. Enjoy. The advice on the site is great. Everyone is very helpful. It's saved me from making a lot of Turkey City Lexicon mistakes, maybe decades worth. Actually that's where I found TCL too and met a lot of people virtually who've become real-time friends, too.

Have fun!

Marian Powell
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 07:20 am:   

Looks interesting. Thanks.

Clint Harris
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 03:12 pm:   

Just a general question about a market out there, but does anyone know anything about GUD? I've checked Ralan's, but other than general info, I don't know much about it. It says they pay on acceptance and royalties? Is this for real, and if so, how well does it work? It sounds kinda experimental.

Ruth J. Burroughs
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 06:51 pm:   

You're welcome, Marian.

There are some good topics inside the main topics' table of contents on the left, too.

Like the topic Research has the Expert is In!, etc. etc..

#

Clint,

I subbed to GUD but I got a reject so I'm not sure what their payment arrangement is; it sounds complicated but I think the terms are negotiable once you're accepted. You could always politely decline if you don't like the terms. Hopefully that won't offend them. I would say, first really examine if the story fits the zine, then start at the top paying markets.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register