E-mail rejections? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » E-mail rejections? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

LGF
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 07:04 pm:   

Here's a quick question: How about if you email the writer with the rejection slip if you reject the story?

I'm not talking about electronic submissions or anything like that. I know GVG likes his eyes, and I agree with him, I like mine too :-). I also hate reading on the screen.

You see, as an international submitter, it takes three weeks for the rejection to arrive. And all this time, I'm waiting for the answer, and way more importantly, the story is not being offered to another market.

And I'm not saying no more included SASEs, no. I would include the SASE either way (in case you wanted to buy the story), I'm just saying in case you don't, you pulp the SASE with the manuscript and email the rejection to the writer.

You're gonna have to type it up on the computer anyway, so the eyes hurt either way. But if you email it, you save trees (and let's all think of the trees, they need us these days :-)), spend less money on paper, have one less letter to send out, and yes, save the writer weeks and weeks.

It truly is a win-win.

I see no logical reason whatsoever why you wouldn't do something like this. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

So, pretty please? :-)

Cheers,
LGF

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 07:56 pm:   

If you look in this thread, http://www.nightshadebooks.com/discus/messages/378/1722.html?1126455663, you'll see that I spelled out on Dec. 11, 2003, several reasons why I don't think email rejections are practical. Neither the discussion in the rest of the thread nor anything else I've seen in the last 3-1/2 years has convinced me otherwise. I'm sorry our system isn't more convenient for you, but we're trying to run a magazine and in order to do that, we need to set up submission systems that are efficient for us.

LGF
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 06:44 am:   

OK, the reasons outlined in that thread do make sense. I thank you for the prompt reply, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
LGF

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register