Matthew Hughes Auction Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Matthew Hughes Auction « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Joseph Adams
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 05:27 am:   

To raise money for his impending relocation to England, where he intends to take up a secondary career as a housesitter, F&SF author Matthew Hughes is auctioning off some items that may be of interest to collectors. He's going to hold a number of auctions over the next few weeks. First up:

Lot 1 -- Fools Errant hardcover: this is the original 1994 Maxwell Macmillan Canada edition, signed, in near mint condition -- it's unread but it's been moved around from time to time -- and dust-jacketed. Only 750 copies were printed, and most of them went to Canadian libraries.

Lot 2 -- Black Brillion proof: this is a Advanced Reading Copy paperback, with no artwork on the cover, signed, in mint condition.

Lot 3 -- Magazines: a complete set of my magazine appearances from recent years. In total, there are twenty-one stories, sixteen from F&SF, Two from Asimov's, two from Postscripts, and one from Interzone. Each story is signed on the page where it starts. As a bonus for completists, I'll also throw in signed copies of my two stories in Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine and a Czech and Russian edition of F&SF with a couple of my pieces.

HOW TO BID

For each of the three lots, e-mail a bid to mhughes[at]mars.ark.com, and put AUCTION and the LOT NUMBER in the subject line. I'll post the latest bids (assuming they keep coming in) daily, or more often if there's a lot of action. There will be no time limit (I'm not Ebay); when bids stop coming, I'll sell to the highest. There will also be shipping costs.

For more information, visit Matt's web site at http://www.archonate.com.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matt Hughes
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 07:57 am:   

I'm self-servedly bumping this to let people know that bids are still coming in.

As of this morning...

Lot 1 -- Fools Errant hardcover: $100

Lot 2 -- Black Brillion proof: $20

Lot 3 -- Magazines: $98.76

After Mark at Locus Online put up a link, traffic jumped considerably.

I'm going to keep the auction open another week or so, since some people visit my page infrequently.

Matt Hughes
www.archonate.com/

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register