Thanks for the Wolfe issue and a sugg... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Thanks for the Wolfe issue and a suggestion. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dallas Robbins
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   

I only occasionally pick up an issue of F&SF, but when I got wind of the special Gene Wolfe issue, I was checking the local B&N almost everyday until it arrived on the shelf. Normally there are several issues, but I think I got the last one.

I just want to thank Gordon for publishing a slightly different kind of issue - I commend him. What I particularly enjoy is the combination of non-fiction pieces in contrast to the novella. It's a good format to try out every now and then. Gaiman's piece just made smile and laugh out loud.

It then got me to thinking, could this be the beginning of something? Are we going to see "special issues" dedicated to other authors in the future. I would suggest that it wouldn't hurt. Maybe once or twice a year a special author issue would bring some interesting possibilities.

But regardless, this April issue has brought back a reader, and I'll be renewing my sub soon.

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 06:33 am:   

Thanks for your notes. I think the Gene Wolfe issue is the fourth single-author special issue I've edited---the others were for Lucius Shepard (March 2001), Kate Wilhelm (Sept. 2001), and Barry Malzberg (June 2003).

PM
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 03:55 pm:   

I'd like to see more author special issues as well.

Bruce Chrumka
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 04:21 pm:   

I'll second that!

Summer
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 08:42 pm:   

I just picked this issue up tonight and haven't begun to read it yet. But now that I've seen this thread, I am looking forward even more to reading it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register