Name That Story Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Name That Story « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Joseph Adams
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 03:51 pm:   

On a LiveJournal community (thanks, Google Alerts!), someone asked:

quote:

So this is about two short stories that I've lost, much to my discontent. I read them in a fantasy and science fiction magazine that I unfortunately can't remember the name of (I THINK it might be the Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine). I know they were both from a few years ago, but I don't know exactly how long.

The first was about a girl who was living on the street after her father died, and she made some money playing an instrument her father gave her (don't remember the type). A demon who occasionally hangs out in the form of a pidgeon decides to steal her soul and such, but when he tries, can't do it because she's so nice. He is redeemed, and the girl decides to go study music at college.

The second was from a different issue, and it was from the point of view of a demon who was summoned by a girl. It ends up possessing her, but can't talk without causing her great pain. They live together alone for several years while the girl's family tries to get the demon to leave. None of it works, and they eventually leave her. Finally the girl and demon come to an agreement and off he/she/it goes.

I really adored those two stories, so any help on the title or author would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Anyone know which stories those are?

You can reply here, but might also want to let the poor guy know over here: http://community.livejournal.com/whatwasthatbook/390087.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register