Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medi... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » General Magazines Discussion » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Crotalus
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 08:32 am:   

I'm sure most people are aware of it by now, but I'm going to post this anyway. Orson Scott Card has a new ezine up and running. Great stories, a lot of them by newly discovered writers. Art for each story, which is also excellent. And regular articles and essays (J.J. Adams has an article there). And if all that weren't enough, there is a new 'Ender' story in each issue, and the novel 'Hot Sleep' is being serialized. How much will all this cost you. $2.50 an issue. That's all! Only drawback right now is that it is only quarterly, perhaps that can change as the number of subscribers go up. I think this has the potential of being a great new market for short speculative fiction. Let's all get behind it.

John Joseph Adams
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 08:52 am:   

Yes, I agree. Go read, and buy. And be sure to write a letter to the editor saying how brilliant that book review column is.

Mary Robinette Kowal
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:29 am:   

The quarterly aspect is kind of fluid though. IGMS adds content throughout the quarter so new articles come online and the serial updates weekly.

Crotalus
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   

Right, MR. When I was plugging I was trying to think of all the positives and there were just so many that I forgot that one. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register