Tiptree Award Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Awards Discussions » Tiptree Award « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

KBP
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 08:27 pm:   

The 2004 Tiptree Awards have been announced:

http://tiptree.org/2004/index.html

Jeffrey J Lyons
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 04:37 pm:   

I always thought the announcement came in July at Readercon.

Jaye Lawrence
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 06:11 pm:   

I don't know about previous years, but the 2004 award was only posted on the Tiptree site last week. The actual award ceremony is indeed in July, though: at Gaylaxicon, July 1-4.

I made the short list, but alas, only the winners get chocolate!

JJA
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 06:57 pm:   

Congrats on making the short list, Jaye!

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 07:24 pm:   

The Tiptree Award bounces around from convention to convention. I believe it will be given out at WisCon next year.

Jeffrey D. Smith
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   

We try to alternate between WisCon (even-numbered years) and other conventions (odd-numbered years) -- though it rarely works out so neatly. The con is just for the ceremony, though. The winners are announced as soon as possible, generally in March; whenever the jury finishes its deliberations.

Both Joe Haldeman and Johanna Sinisalo (whom we'll be flying in from Finland) have expressed their delight at being able to be at Gaylaxicon (in Boston) to be feted -- we hope there will be lots of Friends of the Tiptree there to join in.

I had missed both of these novels, and only read them after the jury came in. (In fact, I just finished _Troll_ last night.) I really enjoyed both of them, and I'm glad they're getting some new attention.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register