Anyone know the title of this story, ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Identifying Old Stories » Anyone know the title of this story, and the issue? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Conroy
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 09:41 pm:   

I'm sure it was in F&SF Mag, perhaps 5 years back...it was a story about an antigay future US where all single citizens over age 28 had to register with the government, everyone had to be tested for "the gay gene," laws were passed against gay people, etc...and the main characters of the story were saving up to buy passage on a ship to a Mars colony where they would be free from antigay oppression. Please help, I can't remember the title and have looked thru so many issues my eyes can't focus! Any info appreciated. Thanks

Thomas R
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 09:58 pm:   

Was that Miss America at the Java Kayenko by M. Shayne Bell?

Charlie Finlay
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   

July, 2001, the same issue as Ben Rosenbaum's first story, "The Ant King."

Alan T. Sippola
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 12:00 am:   

If anyone is into war stories, "Graves", by Joe Haldeman, a short story which appeared in the Oct/Nov 1992 issue of F&SF, is hard to beat. If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend that you read it.

It was reprinted and also appeared in "The Best from Fantasy & Science Fiction: A 45th Anniversary Anthology", Edited by Edward L. Ferman and Kristine Kathryn Rusch.

I kinda have a soft spot for these horrible war tales, having served my country in the US Navy during Vietnam myself. I know where these poor guys are coming from.

Mike Conroy
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2005 - 09:18 am:   

re: Was that Miss America at the Java Kayenko by M. Shayne Bell?

YES!!!!!! Thanks so much Thomas, that's it, I really appreciate your posting the information.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register