Old issues - collecting Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Collecting Books, Magazines » Old issues - collecting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

dave314
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 08:33 pm:   

Is there a place to sell or buy FSF past issues (other than ebay which seems to have a paltry few)?

p.s. Does Night Shade Books publish FSF magazine?

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 05:58 am:   

F&SF is not published by Nightshade Books. Nightshade very generously offered to host our message board, that's all.

If there's a better place than eBay for buying and selling back issues, I hope someone here will speak up. I know I filled in my run of issues through eBay. I just did a search on F&SF in all categories and found about three dozen different auctions of back issues.

Wilma Louras
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 08:20 pm:   

i've been going thru boxes of books and magazines that have traveled with me for more years than i like to count.

i've come across issues of F&SF:

nov 90 - oct/nov 92

would anyone be interested in buying them? there is only one issue that has no front cover [feb 92] the rest are in excellent condition except for tanning from age.

please email me if you're interested.

Lee
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 06:13 pm:   

As well as eBay there are the book metasearch sites like Abebooks and Bookfinder.com, which trawl the electronic catalogues of dozens of secondhand booksellers. I've found them to be efficient and user-friendly, and the obvious advantage is you don't have to worry about being outbid.

Of course, there are also those strange institutions called secondhand bookstores, which are great places to explore physically if you're so inclined!

Leslie
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 05:33 pm:   

I have issues from 1951 thru 1969 of which most are complete sets. Let me know if your interested.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register