Albert E. Cowdrey email anyone? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » F&SF Authors » Albert E. Cowdrey email anyone? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Berman
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 03:28 pm:   

Hello. I was wondering if anyone happens to have an email address (or if not a snail mail contact info) for author Albert E. Cowdrey. I am editing an anthology and would like to contact him regarding reprinting a story of his published in SF&F.

Steve Berman

Alan T. Sippola
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 07:30 pm:   

Steve --

If you are still in need of that information, contact me privately, and I can provide you with Mr. Cowdrey's snail mail address and telephone number.

Unfortunately, I don't have his e-mail address.

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 10:27 am:   

I just noticed this old thread. For general reference, we don't typically give out contact info for authors, but we can forward emails or letters.

Alan T. Sippola
Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 11:30 pm:   

Gordon --

In case your wondering, I didn't give out that contact information for Mr. Cowdrey, because Steve Berman never did get ahold of me privately to request it.

As to how I got that information on Mr. Cowdrey to begin with, easy...I just found it on the Internet! Took me about five minutes to locate.

Not to worry, I won't give it out to anyone.

Alan T. Sippola
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 12:01 am:   

Pardon me, for slipping in some of that fancy, uneducated Hillbilly talk to the above.

That should read; "In case you're wondering<snip!>..."

todd h. cleave
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 03:47 pm:   

Hello, I would appreciate you forwarding to Albert Cowdrey, as follows:
Dear Dr. Cowdrey;
I would appreciate contact with you re my father's service Chongqing, Nov 42-Dec 43 as Gen Stilwell's personal physician, staff member, as well as operating HQ Dispensary.
I am working up book from his letters home, and am interested in his role as contact "eyes only" for Col. Jacobs, as well as possible tactical attempts by Unit 731 sub units against the Fwd Echelon CBI HQ personnel in Chongqing.
On a personal level, are you the Doctor Cowdrey who my father, David C. Cleave replaced in Chongqing?
Sincerely,
Todd Cleave

todd h cleave
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 04:02 pm:   

I've been sci-fi, sci-fantansy reader since 1952; never put the two Albert Cowdreys together as one person! His book, "Fighting for Life" is fascinating! The Doctor Cowdrey my dad replaced in China left the same week my dad arrived, went on to India to work with the Theater Surgeon, Col. Williams. Thanks,
Todd Cleave

todd h cleave
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 04:06 pm:   

I've been sci-fi, sci-fantansy reader since 1952; never put the two Albert Cowdreys together as one person! His book, "Fighting for Life" is fascinating! The Doctor Cowdrey my dad replaced in China left the same week my dad arrived, went on to India to work with the Theater Surgeon, Col. Williams. Thanks,
Todd Cleave

Charlie Finlay
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 06:58 pm:   

Hi, Todd,

I'd be really surprised if it's the same Albert Cowdrey. The one who writes SF is a bit younger, I think, and is a historian by training rather than a physician. He's the author of The Delta Engineers (1971) and Land's End (1977), which are about New Orleans and the Army Corps of Engineers, and might be worth reading in light of recent events. He also wrote City for a Nation, the Army Engineers and the Building of Washington DC 1790-196 (1979). Whether he's related or not to the other Albert Cowdrey, but his awareness of the similarity might explain why he publishes as Albert E. Cowdrey -- perhaps to avoid confusion. I'm sure Gordon will know more.

Alexandru Maniu
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 12:46 am:   

Please forward this message to Albert Cowdrey. Thank you.

Dear Alber Cowdrey,
I represent a Romanian publishing house from Timisoara named Romdir-Bastion. We mainly publish works of science fiction. We would like to translate and publish one of your novellas. If you are interested, please contact us on our private email address, to further discuss copyright matters.

Our email address is helion@arsfan.ro

Respectfully yours,
Alexandru Maniu
Associate Editor

Gordon Van Gelder
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 07:01 am:   

Forwarded this morning.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register