HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Thanking F&SF for providing a Fiction...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction » Thanking F&SF for providing a Fictionwise edition « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gregory_bernard_banks
Username: Gregory_bernard_banks

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 02:25 pm:   

I just wanted to thank Mr. Van Gelder for providing a Fictionwise edition of F&SF, particularly a multiformat version that's viewable on the new e-reader from Amazon. I have been a subscriber to the magazine for a few years now, but honestly, I haven't gotten as much enjoyment from reading it recently because, with my disability, handling, holding, and positioning the physical book has been somewhat difficult. Nothing catastrophic or severe, but a bit of an inconvenience and chore at times that just sort of turned me off to reading as much as I used to.

But with the new e-reader I've had my lifelong reading passion reinvigorated, and I'm enjoying being able to read F&SF on it so much that I've now subscribed to the Fictionwise version. The only thing I wish is that, despite the limited graphic abilities of the current device model, it would be nice to have the covers included in the ebooks. But that's a minor issue.

Just wanted to express my gratitude for providing the ebook option, and let you know that for some of us, having this option is extremely important for some of us, particular me who as both a writer and reader have been a fan for a long time.

- Gregory Bernard Banks
WheelMan Press (www.wheelmanpress.com)
"Contemporary Fiction for a Speculative World"

Gordon_van_gelder
Username: Gordon_van_gelder

Post Number: 631
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 05:42 am:   

Thanks for taking the time to say so. We've published electronic editions with Fictionwise and with eReader (which recently was acquired by Fictionwise) for a long time now and we intend to keep offering the magazine electronically.

Radu_r_eugen
Username: Radu_r_eugen

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 07:01 am:   

Thank you from Romania too - with our postal services I wouldn't dare trying a regular subscription!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |