HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Pan's Labyrinth

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Movies » Pan's Labyrinth « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

GSH
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 04:36 pm:   

I watched the Spanish film Pan's Labyrinth on DVD last night. (It's offered in Spanish only, with English subtitles.) An excellent fantasy, visually beautiful, but very damn dark. It effectively depicts both the innocence of childhood and absolute human evil. (The latter, unfortunately, not being the stuff of fantasy at all.) I believe the director may be suggesting that, given the nature of the world, we need fantasy if our souls are to survive. I tend to agree with him.

Be advised, this one is most definitely NOT for children. They're simply not ready to process the message, and would likely be traumatized by a viewing.

Sarah Raas
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   

I agree completely, it is an amazing movie, both cinematically and story line. I would tend to agree with you, sometimes we all need a child like fantasy in order to deal with the horrors of the “real world”.

Linda Roberts
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 07:16 am:   

Beautifully done and disturbing.

Elizabeth L
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 04:34 pm:   

Agreed. Very beautiful. Very disturbing.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |