HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

More noir

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Movies » More noir « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:30 am:   

Three more noir films were released by Fox on Tuesday.

Nightmare Alley - 1947, starring Tyrone Power, directed by Edmund Goulding. Based on the novel by William Lindsay Gresham.

House of Bamboo - 1955, starring Robert Ryan and Robert Stack, directed by Sam Fuller.

The Street With No Name - 1948, starting Richard Widmark and Mark Stevens, directed by William Keighley.

I'm particularly looking forward to watching House of Bamboo (I'm starting to be a Fuller fan) and Nightmare Alley (I liked the novel quite a bit, and I've heard the film is pretty good).

Also released this week was Walter Hill's The Driver, which I've been wanting to see forever, and finally a decent dvd of Sling Blade. I think Dead Ringers came out this week as well, but I didn't actually see a copy.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Summer
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 12:31 pm:   

Speaking of Walter Hill, one of these days I should pick up "The Warriors" on DVD... thanks for the reminder :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |