Updates Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Klaw, Rick » Updates « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick Klaw
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 12:33 am:   

A few updates:

1) GEEK CONFIDENTIAL goes to press tomorrow! I've seen John Picacio's cover... WOW! The book will premiere at Armadillocon 25 (August 8-10) and should be available in bookstores soon after.

2) Speaking of Armadillocon, John Picacio is the artist guest of honor (congrats, John!) and I wrote his bio for the program book.

3) My essay "Breaking the Box," an analysis of the writings of Joe R. Lansdale, will appear in the limited edition of Lansdale's forthcoming collection MAD DOG SUMMER AND OTHER STORIES. I'm not sure when that will be out, by I think it's expected by the end of the year.

4) My short story "JohnCalvin" will be in Electric Velocipede #5. Hopefully this will be out at the Worldcon (Labor Day weekend).

The rest of the year should see a slowdown of my writing output (except for my monthly "Geeks With Books") as I go into promotion mode for GEEK CONFIDENTIAL and begin to direct my writing/research energies toward my next book (which hopefully will not be a collection of previously published material).

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Rick

John Klima
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 10:28 am:   

I can't wait to see GEEK CONFIDENTIAL. I've always loved your columns and I'm glad to see them collected in one place.

BTW, EV #5 will be ready for Worldcon if it kills me...um...almost kills me!

JK

Rick Klaw
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 12:53 pm:   

Thanks, John. Luckily for you (and other frequent readers of "Geeks With Books"), the book is more than just my columns. A whole bunch of other stuff as well. I'm glad someone besides me is looking forward to it coming out!

As you imagine, I look forward to EV #5 as well.

Rick

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration