Court TV Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Klaw, Rick » Court TV « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick Klaw
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 - 06:47 pm:   

Y'all are welcome to see my dramatic return to Cout TV as they show my testimony in the Celeste Beard Johnson trial. In a quick nutshell, here's the bare bones of the case. Celeste Beard Johnshon's (she was just Beard then) husband was killed by Celeste's lesbian lover Tracey Tarlton. Celeste was married to a wealthy man 40+ years her senior and apparently she couldn't wait for him to kick off to get his money so she wooed, cajoled, and tricked Tarlton into killing him for her. She told Tarlton how cruel he was, etc.

Well, when all the evidence pointed toward Tracey being guilty, Celeste was nowhere to be found. She claimed that Tracey was just some crazed stalker. Tracey wasn't going to go down alone so she pleaded guilty and became the state's witness in the trial against Celeste. The conspiracy to plan a murder makes you as guilty as the person who committed it.

A trial date was set. Sometime between Tracey turning evidence and the trial, Celeste attempted to HIRE someone to kill Tracey! She also paid a cellmate of Tracey's to lie on the stand. (Celeste paid with a CHECK!) Celeste also went through a lot of her dead husband's money and even remarried (for the fifth time. I'm sure all of them were for love.)

Oh yeah, I forgot. The night Tracey Tarlton killed Celeste's husband, Celeste, her kids, and the family dog were all out. Also, the alarm was turned off in the house. I'm sure all that was a coincidence.

Celeste was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. Her first oppurtunity for parole is in 40 years.

The reason I was called to testify was the Tracey Tarlton was my boss when she killed Celeste's husband.

You can see my testify on CourtTV on Thursday, 9-10Am EST.

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 05:58 am:   

Rick:

You must work in interesting places. I was in a store in Frederick, MD called Wonder Books that made me think of you and your "Geeks With Books" column. It's the biggest used bookstore I've ever seen.

JK

Rick Klaw
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 08:09 am:   

John:

I found it interesting. It was also the same job that I met my wife!

Rick

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 08:34 am:   

Rick:

I met my wife upstairs at a Fraternity house (I was a member). It's more innocent than it sounds, but we hope to horrify our children and grandchildren with the story.

Any timeline of the MonkeyBrain book?

JK

Rick Klaw
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 10:29 am:   

It's still on schedule for a September release. I've finished it and I believe it's at the copy editor even as we speak.

The current plans are for the official release to be at the 30th anniversary Armadillocon, where cover artist John Picacio is the Artist Guest of Honor. It will also happen to be my tenth Armadillocon as a guest.

Thanks for asking.
Rick

Jayme Lynn Blaschke
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 12:34 pm:   

Of course, all copies of the book will now have a big, gaudy sticker on them proclaiming "As seen on TV!"

Jayme Lynn Blaschke

Rick Klaw
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 05:18 pm:   

Or hopefully in People magazine. I just an interview with them.

Rick

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration