Geek Confidential Press Release Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Klaw, Rick » Geek Confidential Press Release « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick Klaw
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 02:18 pm:   

MonkeyBrain, Inc. is pleased to announce the forthcoming publication of Geek Confidential: Echoes From the 21st Century by popular essayist Rick Klaw.

"...the smartest mouth on the internet." -Michael Moorcock, science fiction legend

The word is out. Each month 100,000 people tune in to see what Rick Klaw has to say. His "Geeks With Books" column at SFSite has garnered praise and attention from all quarters. Klaw's insightful and forthright movie and book reviews are often surrounded by controversy. (He even received threats of physical violence from his Fellowship of The Ring movie review.) Rick Klaw's writings are intelligent, irreverent, and important.

"He has an incredible knowledge of every aspect of the writing field, and handles the subject with a fine mix of insight, tolerance and wit." -Neal Barrett, Jr., Hugo and World Fantasy nominated author of over 40 books

Geek Confidential: Echoes From the 21st Century is a collection of Rick Klaw's finest columns, reviews, and other observations. With two all new essays, a never-before-seen script adaptation of a Joe R. Lansdale story, and an introduction by science fiction grandmaster Michael Moorcock, this book promises to be become a must have for science fiction fans, booksellers, and anyone with an interest in pop culture.

"[I] look forward to his column and articles with great enthusiasm." ---Joe R. Lansdale, Edgar winning author

Weighing in at about 70,000 words and 52 essays, Klaw tackles such diverse subjects as censorship, the state of science fiction, movies, graphic novels, editing, monster movies, westerns, book buying, book covers, bookselling, book theft and other interesting topics. Geek Confidential is more than a collection of works. It is a loving chronicle of pop culture at the beginning of a new millennium.

Geek Confidential: Echoes From the 21st Century comes your way this September, only from MonkeyBrain, Inc.

For information on this or other forthcoming titles, visit http://www.monkeybrainbooks.com or contact the publisher at info@monkeybrainbooks.com

Chris Roberson,
MonkeyBrain, Inc.

Luís
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 03:54 pm:   

I've been to the MonkeyBrain site before, and was delighted to know that Rick's columns are going to be collected.

I'm also excited at seeing WIZARDRY & WILD ROMANCE on the schedule -- I've been looking for this book in second-hand bookshops for ages, praise to you for reprinting it!

Cheers, Luís

Rick Klaw
Posted on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 09:26 pm:   

I was glad to see Rick's columns collected as well... *smile*

Seriously, the book is finished and has been turned in. 73,000 words and 58 essays including a memoir about co-editing WEIRD BUSINESS. Moorcock's introduction lavished me with so much praise that I was embarassed. Not that I would disagree with such an intelligent and respected writer. *smile*

And I think reprinting WIZARDY AND WILD ROMANCE is a great idea as well and I look forward to it. Hell, I look forward to all of the Monkey Brain books!

Rick

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration