Gorilla Comic Inquiry Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Klaw, Rick » Gorilla Comic Inquiry « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Woodward
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:27 am:   

Since Rick Klaw’s latest column has gotten the attention of gorilla fans and collectors, I would like to take the opportunity to try to pin down a comic book story I remember from my early childhood. This would have been from the late 1950’s, no later than 1960. The story involved an escaped gorilla (I have no idea if it was from a zoo, circus, or mad scientist’s lab). The only thing I can recall with any clarity is the last page of the story, where a condemned criminal is strapped to the electric chair. The gorilla enters the death chamber and rips off the prisoner’s restraints. The prisoner runs off and the gorilla sits in the chair and is electrocuted. I suspect that earlier in the story the gorilla had killed someone, thus giving a sense of ‘poetic justice’ to its execution (compounded if the released prisoner had been innocent, but this is pure conjecture on my part). Can anyone else recall this story or seen it reprinted?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:25 pm:   

Wow... that sounds cool, but I'm not sure. I'll ask some other "gorilla" experts and see what I can uncover.

Rick

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration