Pure Genius Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Roberson, Chris » Pure Genius « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Roberson
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:08 am:   

Found this morning on BoingBoing. Jeff can have his squid, I'm sticking with the monkey...

http://www.manipulator.com/website/monkey/html/monkey_fs.html

I can absolutely see these hanging in Sears' portrait studio frames on wood-paneled walls in the suburbs.

JV
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:30 am:   

I was just looking at that and thinking how fine a thing it would be to grow a monkey-squid...off of my prehensile tail...

JeffV

Chris Roberson
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 02:03 pm:   

Everything goes better with prehensile tail.

Lou Anders
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 02:34 pm:   

Man, you can really tell that monkey number six has better ways he could be spending his time. That monkey has something going on and he's had enough of this tomfoolery.

Chris Roberson
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 03:25 pm:   

Lou, I think that monkey number six was my 19th Century Realism professor in college. I mean, just looking at that monkey, I just KNOW what he thinks about postmodernism and intertextuality.

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 05:56 pm:   

Why are all three of us so attracted to Monkey Six?

I swear to God -- before I even read your responses, that was the same monkey I picked out as my favorite as well. That clearly is the hippest monkey in the whole array.

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 07:29 pm:   

http://www.manipulator.com/website/monkey/images/kenuzyscream_gal.jpg

I look like that. A lot.

Lou Anders
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 08:49 pm:   

Yeah, but see the final, screaming monkey is the least interesting, cause he's just yelling or yawning or doing whatever it is monkey's do. But monkey six has it going on. Monkey six knows what's up. Monkey six doesn't just look at you, monkey six judges you. Monkey six sees you for what you are and won't put up with any petty B.S. It really would take very little to turn monkey six into some wise old alien guru - just paint in some twisted arabesque city of spires and towers gleaming in bronze under twin moons with monkey six in the forground, maybe put a red cape artfully draped over his left shoulder, and walla - you've got a jedi master to rival yoda. "Do or do not," says Monkey six, as you try to levitate the banana. Monkey six knows that your lack of belief is why you fail.

Chris Roberson
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:35 pm:   

Monkey Six judges us, yes, but only because he loves. Monkey Six knows we could do better, and is disappointed that we don't.

In times of trouble, when facing difficult decisions, remember to stop and ask yourself: WWM6D?

Luis
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:00 pm:   

He would probably stare at you with a look of mild annoyance on his face.

Best,
Luís

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:43 pm:   

I'm not saying he's more interesting, I'm just saying I look like that. As in, that could be a picture of me. He's slightly better looking, I admit.

Monkey six is a sham, a patronizing hold over from the days when there was a telepathic monkey in every house, forcing us to buy bananas we never ate and watch movies like Ed and Dunston Checks In. Still, he does have a certain gravitas.

The Acolyte of Monkey Six Formerly Known as Lou Anders
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 06:24 am:   

I want WWM6D on the license plate of my European roadster.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration