Congrats! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Roberson, Chris » Congrats! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:57 am:   

Congrats on your World Fantasy Award finalist story!

JeffV

Chris Roberson
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:34 am:   

Thanks, Jeff! I just found out this morning, and the news is still slowly working its way from my ears into my brain. They say it's an honor just to be nominated, and you know what? It is!

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 11:15 am:   

Hey, man --

Again, huge congrats. I'm thrilled to see this happen for you. Not only is this a significant Chris Roberson accomplishment, but since this story was first published in LIVE WITHOUT A NET, it's yet another editorial accomplishment for the ever-rising star of Lou Anders.

I couldn't be happier for you!

ben peek
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 04:01 am:   

hey, congrats, man.

Chris Roberson
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 10:18 am:   

John: Thanks. And you're absolutely right that the nom is as much a reflection on Lou as it is on my writing, so far as I'm concerned. "O One" was my first professional sale, so the various props it has garnered here and there (this nom, the Sidewise shortlisting, the mention in YBSF) I owe to Lou for publishing the story in the first place. Of course, now that he's publishing HT&E, we're having to serious consider changing our daughter's name from Georgia Rose to Georgia Lou, at the very least.

Ben: Thanks!

John Klima
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 05:47 am:   

Adding to the congrats here, Chris. Excited about the book from PYR, too. Also, you should know that your story got the coolest artwork for in Electric Velocipede #7 (due out early September).

JK

Chris Roberson
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 06:32 am:   

Thanks, John. That reminds me, I still owe you a bio, don't I? I'll try to get one to you shortly.

John Klima
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 06:39 am:   

Yeah, getting all caught up in the world of awards and book launchs...I see what's happening....

JK

;)

Lou Anders
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 08:50 am:   

Hey, a belated congratulations from me as well. (I've told Chris in person, but not been to the board in a while). Meanwhile, Chris hasn't pointed out, so I will, that "O One" is just the first in a series. A follow up story is appearing in an upcoming Asimov's, and there's an absolutely fantastic novella that was scheduled for Argosy, and several more in the series as well.

Chris Roberson
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 09:44 am:   

"...an absolutely fantastic novella that was scheduled for Argosy," said Lou.

Scheduled for Argosy and since withdrawn, I should point out, in the event that any editors out there are in the market for absolutely fantastic novellas. Any takers?

The follow up, "Red Hands, Black Hands," is slated to appear in the December issue of Asimov's, I believe.

EDatlow
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 07:55 pm:   

Well, if you want to send it to me I'd be happy to take a look for SCIFICTION. How many words is it?

And...CONGRATULATIONS!

Chris Roberson
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 09:16 pm:   

Thanks, Ellen! The same to you!

And I believe that the novella clocks in at right about 24,000, which I thought might run a little long for SCIFICTION. But if you still want to see it, I'd be happy to send it along!

Peggy
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 05:17 am:   

Hi Chris! Congratulations on a very nice review of Here, There, and Everywhere in the Fenruary 14th Publishers Weekly:

"Clever popular culture references, amusing showdowns and true human feeling lift this well-crafted debut."

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration