The Many Faces of Van Helsing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Roberson, Chris » The Many Faces of Van Helsing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Roberson
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 03:52 pm:   

The Jeanne Cavelos edited anthology from Ace, The Many Faces of Van Helsing, is apparently out and in stores (and is available, of course, from the usual suspects like Amazon-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0441011705). My story "So Far From Us In All Ways" is hidden somewhere in there.

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:34 pm:   

This the one you mentioned to me? Cool, I'll take a look. Maybe the movie will boost it a touch.

Chris Roberson
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:55 pm:   

Yes, I think this is the one we talked about briefly. It takes place in China, and involves Van Helsing meeting a young Manchurian scholar (and soon to be Doctor) named Fu... or, to put it another way, "Doctor Fu, Manchurian" (so far as I know, nobody at Ace noticed the reference). It's all about Chinese hopping vampires, so what's not to love?

John Picacio
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 08:03 pm:   

Definitely need to buy a copy of this. Glad to hear that it's out there. Congrats, man!

Matthew Rossi
Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:55 pm:   

Sounds cool as hell. It's a shame Stephen Sommers didn't come talk to you first.

Jim Bailey
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 03:58 am:   

Adam-Troy Castro posted some comments on his sff-net newsgroup about some of the stories he's read so far from his contributor's copy. Here's what he had to say about your story (with letter grade at the end), Chris. :-)

'"So Far From Us In All Ways" by Chris Roberson (another writer whose work is so far unfamiliar to me), describes the young Van Helsing's first encounter with the undead, while travelling China in the company of an apparently unassuming young bureaucrat named Dr. Fu. Another Van Helsing as hero tale, evocatively written, and of special interest for positing the origin stories of not one but two classic characters. A.'

Chris Roberson
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:04 pm:   

Thanks for passing that along, Jim!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration