The Bar Was Open During the Holidays Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Caselberg, Jay » The Bar Was Open During the Holidays « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 07:09 am:   

With our host in Germany much of the time, it seems that there was to be no drinking to be done in his space. Well, I don't like that thought, so I'm reviving the space.

This is several weeks late, but the missus and I had a delightful meal with our host and Laura Anne Gilman. Here I discovered the delights of Grappa and Armangnacs. I've tried looking for both in the liquor stores near my home and have found them wanting. I will continue my search.

Oh, and there were pink drinks, should anyone be concerned.

JK

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 05:34 am:   

And we should always maintain that tradition, at least in honour of Kel. She made the pink drink into an art form.

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 05:42 am:   

Oh, and forgot to add. One of the hotels I've been staying at in Cologne has a bar called Harry's New York Bar. Now, surprisingly for Germany, they have an entire shelf of single-barrel bourbons. I had the pleasure, one evening, of working my way from one end of the shelf to the other. Still have to say though, Woodford remains my favourite bourbon.

La Diva Loca
Posted on Saturday, February 26, 2005 - 03:24 am:   

So is that where you were on Valentine's Day, instead of at Borders? Hm?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register