HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

The Commons -- a Guth Bandar novel

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Hughes, Matthew » The Commons -- a Guth Bandar novel « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matt Hughes
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 05:42 pm:   

I've sold a new Archonate novel, The Commons, to Rob Sawyer for his Robert J. Sawyer Books, an imprint of the large Canadian publisher Fitzhenry and Whiteside. It should be out in a small hardcover edition and a larger trade paperback run late this year. I wrote the novel over the past couple of years in episodes that have, mostly, appeared in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction.

The Commons is my third novel sale so far this year; the other two are Template, another Archonate novel sold to PS Publishing in the UK, and an as yet untitled work based on the adventures of the Canadian X-Man, Wolverine, that I'm doing as a for-hire project for Pocket Books. I expect to turn it in by the end of next month. Both it and Template will be out in 2007.

John Joseph Adams
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 07:46 pm:   

That's great news, Matt! Can't get enough of those Archonate stories. Keep 'em comin'!

Matt Hughes
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 09:35 am:   

Publication of The Commons has been pushed back to June of 2007. The last three episodes have yet to run in F&SF -- they will do so between now and January} -- and the publisher wants to let some time extend between their serial publication and the novel's release.

Matt Hughes
www.archonate.com

Matt Hughes
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 02:43 pm:   

Here's the cover art for my Guth Bandar novel, The Commons, coming from Robert J. Sawyer Books next summer. It's taken from a larger painting, by the artist team of Cory and Catska Ench, that will be split to form the covers of the February and March issues of F&SF, when it runs the two-part novella that climaxes with the scene rendered in the painting.

Matt Hughes
Majestrum

Rande G. Jacobson
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 05:10 pm:   

WOW, nice artwork.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   

Word from the publisher is that the book will appear in the fall, possibly around September.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 11:19 am:   

We're now looking at October 15 as the official release date.

Robert J. Sawyer, who is publishing The Commons under his imprint at Fitzhenry & Whiteside, has blogged some interesting comments on the problem of insularity in latter-day sf. He also provides a case study in how to go about getting Publishers Weekly's attention.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |